Bar San Juan, Manchester
Bar San Juan is an intimate bar and restaurant serving delicious tapas and promoting a relaxed Spanish way of life.
With inside seating for only around 16 customers, the small terrace offered an important opportunity to increase overall capacity.
- An existing fixed glass roof hung from the main building. This provided basic cover, but had fallen into disrepair and no longer kept the rain out. The brief was to give the area a new lease of life and maximise its potential.
- Loca Shading Designs set out to create an outside space that flowed naturally from the interior of the bar. Blurring the distinction between inside and out during summer months, while offering warmth and complete shelter through the winter.
- A retractable pergola roof was chosen for the greatest weather flexibility. In addition, vertical side blinds were added creating a fully enclosed ‘room’ that could be enjoyed whatever the weather.
- Mediterranean roof tiles, authentic mosaic floor tiles and a fresh coat of vibrant paint complete the Iberian ambience.
- Undoubtedly, Bar San Juan offers a little piece of Spain in Manchester!