Haggerston Castle Holiday Park, Berwick-upon-Tweed
Haggerston Castle is a popular holiday park located near the beautiful border town of Berwick-upon-Tweed. It boasts a spectacular setting amongst a number of lovely lakes and extensive landscaped gardens.
A recent project to extend the park’s capacity involved constructing a large man-made lake and lakeside restaurant. Loca Shading Designs were invited to:
- Create a memorable dining space as part of the development.
- An expansive decked area that cantilevered over the water’s edge provided a very exciting start point.
Obviously, it was essential to maximise the potential of the restaurant with plenty of seating that could be enjoyed year-round. No matter the weather. For this reason, the dramatic location provided the perfect opportunity to showcase a bespoke retractable roof system.
- Therefore a large 16m x 9m roof was chosen, offering complete weather protection when closed, along with a fully open-air dining experience when retracted.
- Additionally, motorised parapet glazing increases the simplicity with which this space can be transformed.
- Without a doubt, the end result offers a spectacular dining experience, completely at one with the outdoor landscape.
See How We Can Increase Capacity for Your Business