The Gate Pub, Arkley
The Gate is a busy North London food pub with a fantastic modern menu.
It already had the luxury of a large outdoor area, located notably lower than the restaurant floor level. Consequently, moving between dining spaces was extremely inconvenient for customers and staff alike. Above all, this obstacle required a solution.
In order to level the access from indoors to outdoors, Loca Shading Designs:
- Constructed a substantial area of raised decking using Millboard Weathered Oak boards.
- The new space blends beautifully with the main building design, using identical black painted overlapping timber.
- Furthermore, the use of bi-fold doors creates a seamless transition between dining areas.
- A vast curved retractable roof system combines stunning contemporary aesthetics with unmatched practicality. While offering complete protection from the elements, the roof can also be fully opened in fine weather to let the sun flood in.
- A glass and stainless steel balustrade provide safety, without restricting light or the view from the terrace.
- Last but not least, the addition of quartz heaters provides comfort for the pub’s customers whatever the weather.
See How We Can Transform Your Outdoor Space