The Old Parsonage Hotel & Restaurant, Oxford
The Old Parsonage is a luxury boutique hotel and restaurant in the centre of Oxford. Located in a beautiful listed building, it has long been a prominent architectural feature of the townscape. The enclosed cottage garden style terrace to the front of the property is popular for afternoon teas.
Loca Shading Designs were approached to:
- Cover the area in order to maximise its usage throughout the year.
- The key consideration was to create a structure in harmony with the historical features of the building. Both in terms of colour and style.
- With this in mind, a double-sided Markilux awning was selected, on a bespoke goal post arrangement that was custom built on site.
- Neutral colours were carefully chosen to sympathetically blend in with the host building.
- The addition of colour matched heat and light fittings ensure customer comfort no matter the weather.
- The end result demonstrates how a high-quality contemporary structure can perfectly complement the more traditional architecture.