Attingham Hall National Trust Cafe, Shrewsbury
Attingham Park in Shropshire is a popular National Trust venue, with its historic hall, woodland and riverside walk. The old stables form a large outdoor quadrant, hosting various historical events and festivals throughout the year. A popular cafe is the focal point of this space, sitting alongside various craft shops and bookstalls.
Their objective was to increase cafe capacity, while also weatherproofing the outdoor seating area.
Given the historic nature of the property, the choice of the structure was carefully considered.
- It was crucial that the proposed solution worked in harmony with the surrounding buildings.
- In this case, two giant 6m x 5.75m umbrellas from Uhlman were chosen for their robust performance and aesthetic design.
- These particular umbrellas worked perfectly, as their height closely matched the adjoining buildings housing the cafe.
- In addition, the colour of the canopies and masts blend seamlessly with the rendering and black painted doorways of the old stables.
- In summary, more than fifty customers can now relax in comfort, no matter the weather.
See How We Can Transform Your Outdoor Space