Retractable Roof Pergola UK Project for Porthminster Cafe & Restaurant, St. Ives
This successful business enjoys a fantastic location overlooking the magnificent beaches of St Ives. The outdoor terrace was already an extremely popular dining area, as long as the sun was shining! When the weather wasn’t so inviting, however, the available space was far more limited.
Developing the outdoor area was key for Porthminster, so they initially installed a sail shade to provide some shelter. But this wasn’t particularly robust and only provided shelter in moderate weather conditions. Loca Shading Designs proposed:
- Covering the entire area with a stylish retractable roof system.
- The overall appearance was critical, not only for the owners but also for the local building planners. It was a prerequisite that the new development didn’t impact the skyline any more than the existing structure.
- The spectacular result is a completely flat, custom-built structure that melds perfectly with the original building.
- Motorised sash windows offer complete wind protection or free-flowing sea breezes in more balmy weather conditions.
- The cafe is now popular year-round and business continues to increase.
Learn How Retractable Roofs Can Transform Your Outdoor Space