A giant garden umbrella to add shade and shelter to your garden
Are you looking for a very large parasol or giant umbrella designed specifically for outdoor use? A giant umbrella is a great option in a residential home setting, immediately transforming any terrace or garden into a desirable contemporary space that is perfect for alfresco entertaining with friends or family.
Built to withstand the elements
Offering greater shelter than an awning, a giant umbrella from Loca Shading Designs will provide fantastic protection from the elements throughout the year. Even in the most unpredictable British weather conditions. This will immediately transform an outdoor space that is currently only utilised in fine weather, into a popular area to be enjoyed year-round.
We supply only the highest quality products, from German brands such as Uhlmann, MDT, and May.
- Engineered to the most exacting standards, all their models are seriously robust, hard-wearing, and fully serviceable.
- They are also thoroughly tested in wind tunnels to ensure unrivalled strength, stability, and longevity of use.
- For added peace of mind, these products are backed by a 5-year warranty, subject to normal wear and tear.
- All these products are incredibly easy to use, opening and closing using a simple gearbox arrangement with a handle.
Creating your own unique garden umbrella is an exciting prospect, as the number of options is almost endless. As part of the free design consultation process, Loca Shading Designs can help you select the perfect product for your requirements. Parasols are available in round, square and rectangular shapes, in sizes ranging from a compact 2×2-metre to an impressive 10-metre diameter that will shelter an enormous area. Some designs can also be joined together using fabric gutters, to create even larger covered areas. According to the intended use and location, a giant umbrella can be either removable or permanently installed. There are several options for fixing directly into the ground, or the umbrella can sit on top of a removable base for greater flexibility of use.
Options include the popular centre-pull style umbrella, as well as the cantilever (or side-arm) umbrella that works excellently in a situation where, for example, you want to cover a patio without in-bedding the umbrella in the ground. Wooden planters, or screens made of fabric or glass and aluminium, may also be recommended to help to delineate separate areas and provide even greater weather protection. You can add further finishing touches to your bespoke umbrella with optional accessories such as lighting, heating, speakers, and gutters.
- Get in touch by phone or email to have an informal chat about your requirements, ideally with a few photos and the dimensions of your space.
- Our experts will discuss how you plan to use your space and explain the best shade and shelter options. We will provide you with photos of similar completed projects, or website links, to help bring our suggestions to life.
- We will advise you on the potential need for a planning application and explain how we can assist with this process if required.
- Next we will provide a price quotation and prepare an illustration to help you visualise your new space.
- Once an order is placed, one of our engineers will carry out an on-site survey to brief in the production of your chosen products.
- Finally, you’ll be sent detailed pre-production factory drawings for your approval.
- Your order is now complete, and we move to the production and installation phases.